Sunday 28 February 2016

Creative Commons Licence...

Hi everyone!
Here is another challenge... Now we learnt about licences, their importance and relevance.
The licence I have chosen for my blog is called “Atribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International”. With this type of licence people can share the materials from my e-portfolio as well as they can copy and redistribute them in any medium or format. They are also allowed to adapt the materials, which mean that they can remix, transform and build upon the material.
But they have to take into account that:
  • If they make any changes, they have to indicate it and retain an indication of previous modifications. That means “Attribution”.
  • Moreover, they cannot use the material for commercial purposes. That means “NonCommercial”.
  • Finally, if they remix, transform or build upon the material from my e-portfolio, they must share my contributions under the same licence as mine. This is the meaning of “ShareAlike”.

So now, at the bottom of  my blog you can see the following picture, showing that I am using this licence: 

All the terms and conditions of it are available inhttp://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
You can also create your own licence with the conditions you think that are more suitable for you. Just click here: http://creativecommons.org/choose/?lang=en

This challenge made me think about the importance of that and also, become aware of the necessity to talk about that to our students and how to motivate them to take that into account. I have to say that in my opinion, sharing resources or materials is a great idea to learn from each other and to improve ourselves. Because of that, I believe that our students have to learn about the importance of copyright in order to find suitable materials for their projects or works, not only for the school, but also for their future. They should realise that some pictures or resources that they can find in different sources require permission to be used. In order to do that, I would suggest creating a project to deal with this topic and to make them aware that we must respect the work of other people as we want them to do the same with ours. For this reason we should encourage them to always tell the source where they found the information.


Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment