Monday 22 February 2016

My PLE and PLN for CLIL...

Hello blogger friends!

Here we go with the third challenge: my PLE and PLN for CLIL.

I have to say that the first time I heard about CLIL was during my University Degree in Primary Education at León. I did the English mention and I had three subjects in which we studied it: main concepts, principles, methodology, how to use it, practical sessions… Then, I had the opportunity to learn more about it and to apply it during my placement in the schools. The first one was in Ireland, and they used this methodology. The second time I was in a MEC British Council school, and they do also use CLIL. Thanks to that I could see the theory I had learnt in a practical way. Then, I went further when I started this Master in Bilingualism, where I have learnt more about strategies, resources, activities… and see more examples of the use of this great methodology.

Both my PLE and my PLN are linked to each other, as you can see in my diagram:

Apart from that, I use more tools in order to learn more and find out new things about CLIL:
1)      To organise information:
- Dropbox: it is a tool to keep information in a very easy way. It offers the possibility of saving pictures, projects, tasks, videos… and to have them always with you even if you have not your computer.
- Google Drive: it offers almost the same things mentioned before in Dropbox, but also it allows to share a project with a group of people and to modify it in a real time.

2)      To share and communicate:
- Twitter, Facebook and Blogger: I often use them to share information and thoughts about CLIL, as well as to see other points of view and new ideas. They give you the possibility to follow many pages related with that.
- Gmail and Outlook: both of them are used to share my projects, tasks, lessons… with other people.
- WhatsApp and Skype: they are very useful to share opinions, ideas or to solve doubts related to CLIL immediately.
- Pinterest: it offers a great variety of displays, ideas and models which can be used in a CLIL lesson.
- Moodle URJC: it allows to share projects or tasks about CLIL with our classmates as well as to have a look to their projects at the same time.

3)      To learn more and look for information:
- Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox: both of them are useful to find information about CLIL, to solve doubts related with that, to search pictures or resources linked with it. 
- Word Reference: I use it in order to clarify my doubts when I do not know some words or expressions about CLIL explanations.
- YouTube: here it is possible to find so many songs, explanations… related with CLIL.
- BBC: it offers a huge range of resources to plan a CLIL lesson.

4)      To create new things:
- StoryJumper: I discovered it recently, and I use it to create stories.
- Paint: it is useful to create simple pictures, diagrams or to modify some other elements.
- Movie Maker: to create videos.
- Microsoft Office: I use it to create the activities or lessons with CLIL methodology.
- NovaMind: it offers the opportunity to create mind maps. It is very useful to arrange information.

In order to create my PLE and my PLN, I had a look at all the tools that our teacher suggested to us. There were great ones such as Coogle, Popplet or Easel.ly. Among all of them, I finally decided to make it using NovaMind because it is quite easy to understand and the outcomes are very attractive. It offers the opportunity to create your own mind map since the very first moment, so you do not have to choose a template and then modify it according to the theme. You can change the colours, the style, or insert different elements such as images, texts and adornments according to the aim of your diagram (if it is for children, for you, for other student…).


Thank you for your attention!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic job Raquel! It is all very collected and can be understood perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! It's nice to see you here.

      Delete